Huntsville, Alabama Police Offer Prom Safety Tips
• Ask your teen for a detailed itinerary for Prom night including venues, times and contact numbers
• Know exactly what after-Prom activities are taking place and where
- if at a friend’s house, call
the parents to confirm and make sure that alcohol will not be present
• Establish an agreed-upon curfew
• Meet your teen’s Prom date prior to the big night
• Know the names of each individual in your teen’s Prom group
• Make sure your teen will have a charged cell phone that is turned on with them at all times
• Set up established "check-in" times when your teen will call you
• Provide an "out" for your teen, a contact number of someone they can call at any time to get home
or get help, to have on hand before Prom
• Ensure the vehicle they will be driving is properly maintained and fueled prior to their departure.
• Remind your teen not to use alcohol or drugs or ride in a vehicle with anyone under the influence
• Remind your teen to call home if there is any change in plans or destinations. This includes even
small changes, such as picking up an additional friend on the way to the post-Prom party.
Dr. Neighbors provides comprehensive, coordinated and continuing care to all members of the family
and serves as the patient’s advocate in the changing health care system.